Home » Archives by category » All » News » Society

Mandatory face mask: Malaysians generally compliant, self-disciplined

Mandatory face mask: Malaysians generally compliant, self-disciplined

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysians have generally complied with the government’s directive to wear face masks in crowded public places to help curb the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic. According to national news agency Bernama, people around the capital seem to have taken the matter seriously, especially in crowded public places, by using their face masks as […]

‘Nongshim Investment’ of COVID-19 period is hope of common people

‘Nongshim Investment’ of COVID-19 period is hope of common people

Since 30 December 2019, The Asia N has introduced a column by Young-ok Park, CEO of Smart Inc. and Korea’s leading stock investor, to readers for 34 times. Young-ok Park, who is also a board member of the Asia Journalists Association, says that stock investment is not a ‘speculation’ intended for making a fortune, but […]

AJA holds second ZOOM meeting across seven time zones

AJA holds second ZOOM meeting across seven time zones

SEOUL: Asia Journalists association (AJA) has again shown its great resilience by holding its second ZOOM meeting that brought together members living up to seven time zone away from one another. AJA members living in Egypt, Bahrain, UAE, Pakistan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore and Korea discussed Ivan Lim from Singapore gave a briefing on the general […]

Philanthropist and explorer Um Hong-gil wins prestigious Manhae Grand Prize

Philanthropist and explorer Um Hong-gil wins prestigious Manhae Grand Prize

By Sang-ki Lee Former President of the Journalists Association of Korea CEO of Magazine N and AsiaN SEOUL: Um Hong-gil, the first man to climb the 16 highest peaks on Earth and Chairman of the Um Hong-gil Human Foundation (UHF), has been awarded the 2020 Manhae Grand Prize, one of the most prestigious prizes in Korea. The award […]

Leeway to Opposition but Singaporeans play it safe in polls

Leeway to Opposition but Singaporeans play it safe in polls

By Ivan Lim Former AJA President, Contributor to AsiaN SINGAPORE: Descendants of migrants from China, India and the Malay Archipelago, Singaporeans are said to have a keen sense of survival. This natural instinct could be seen in the way they voted on July 10 in the General Election held amidst the crisis of a generation […]

Singapore General Election: PAP Super-Win or Opposition Super-Wave?

Singapore General Election: PAP Super-Win or Opposition Super-Wave?

By Ivan Lim Former AJA President, Contributor to AsiaN SINGAPORE: A sweeping PAP victory or the Opposition hacking away the ruling monolith’s super-majority? On the eve of polling day, political pundits are busy sketching out both the outcomes in Singapore’s General Election (GE) on July 10. Those who foresee signs of continuity: the long-standing PAP […]

70% of pilgrims this year will be non-Saudis

70% of pilgrims this year will be non-Saudis

RIYADH: 70% of the people who will perform Hajj (pilgrimage) this year will be foreigners living in Saudi Arabia while Saudi citizens will make up the remaining 30%. Hajj will this year be performed in exceptional circumstances after Saudi Arabia limited the number of people who could perform the ritual following the spread of the […]

Mid-point of Singapore general election throws up a ‘10 million hot potato’

Mid-point of Singapore general election throws up a ‘10 million hot potato’

By Ivan Lim Former AJA President, Contributor to AsiaN SINGAPORE: Midway through the seemingly tepid Covid-19 electioneering, the political scene unexpectedly flared up as parties clashed over whether there was any plan for the city-state to host a population of 10 million. Lighting the fuse of the cracker, the feisty Singapore Democratic Party (SDP) chief, […]

Lax management on online game services pose risks

Lax management on online game services pose risks

By Phong Lan Dantri Online Newspaper, Vietnam HO CHI MINH CITY: Midnight and an online gaming shop on Nguyen Cuu Dam Street in Ho Chi Minh City was still very crowded. Most of the customers were teenagers and were staring at the screens which were displaying shootings or fighting acts. The shop owner said that most […]

Malaysia to table sexual harassment, social work bills by year-end

Malaysia to table sexual harassment, social work bills by year-end

PUTRAJAYA: Malaysia’s Ministry of Women, Family and Community Development is expected to table the proposed bills on sexual harassment and recognition of social work as a profession by the end of this year. Improvements have been made to the two bills and they will be handed over to the Attorney-General’s Chambers for its perusal, Minister […]

Page 1 of 308123Next ›Last »

Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » appearance » Widgets » and move a widget into Advertise Widget Zone